The Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) was established under the Public Corporations Act No. 17 of 1969 by a Presidential Order through Government Notice Number 115, published on 25th August, 1978. The Centre is wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania and operates under the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
The AICC was established to manage and control the Headquarters’ complex of the defunct East African Community and all other premises and lands in Arusha which belonged to the defunct East African Community. It also owns Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre as per Arusha International Conference Centre (Establishment)(Amendment) Order of 2014, dated 19th March, 2014; and provide facilities and services on the complex for purposes of conferences, meetings, seminars etc
The Centre’s mission is to promote and provide quality business tourism services to national and international clientele for enhanced national social and economic development with the vision of being a model and enabler of business tourism.
The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill in the below mentioned vacant posts:-
Answerable to Senior Driver
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of National Secondary School Examination Certificate plus class “C” Driving License with a clean record in a reputable institution including of not causing an accident for at least the past three years.
- He/she must have attended and passed Advanced Drivers Course Grade II at the National Institute of Transport and Driving Trade Test II from a recognised
- Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive vehicles towards approved destinations and in accordance with traffic
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs.
- To take vehicles due for routine maintenance/repair to the appointed service
- To maintain motor vehicle log books.
- To make pre–inspection to the assigned vehicle prior travelling and report mechanical damages/defects.
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquired prior commencement of any
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant Authority.
- To perform any other duties relevant to the scope of work that may be assigned by Senior
An attractive package commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience will be availed to the successful candidate.
The Letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, names and email address of three referees should be sent through the below mentioned address so as to be received not later than 05th January, 2017.
Arusha International Conference Centre
P.O. Box 3081
Fax: +255 27 2050201